Are you struck deciding between Corona SDK and Game Salad for your App development?
If you are new to app development and thinking of what tools/applications you have to use for your app development , please see below.
The below comparison is for people looking at app development at zero cost ( for the tools )
– Free for both Android and iOS
– Corona is for programmers. Its not a drag and drop kind of tool
– Easy and quick
– No custom splash screen
– Free for Windows Publishing
– Can use ad networks in Free version
– Free for iOS
– Paid for Android
– Mainly for non-programmers
– Customs splash screen
– Paid for Windows Publishing
– Cannot use ads in free version
In short – If you are a programmer atleast with proficiency in one language , go for Corona. Corona uses lua for app development and its easy to learn.
Note: Gamesalad is still great and recommended for non-programmers who want to get into App development. It is like a drag and drop tool where you can add characters to your scene , make them move etc.